APPLY NOW: 16th International Summer School “NATIONAL ENERGY AND CLIMATE PLANS 2021-2030”
16th International Summer School “NATIONAL ENERGY AND CLIMATE PLANS 2021-2030” will be organized by REIC in collaboration with the Central European Initiative (CEI), German Development Cooperation – GIZ Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit and UNESCO Regional Bureau for Science and Culture in Europe (Antenna in Sarajevo). The Summer School will be held in the Ethno village Čardaci (Vitez, Bosnia and Herzegovina) in the period of August 20-29, 2020.
Summary: The main objective of the Summer School is to train young professionals in interdisciplinary approaches to energy and climate change in their scientific work and research. The Summer School will be thematically dedicated to key dimensions of the National Energy and Climate Plans (NECPs) Energy Union has been working for the upcoming period, 2021-2030:
- Energy security,
- Internal energy market,
- Energy efficiency,
- Decarbonisation, and
- Research, innovation and competitiveness.
- Young policy-makers and civil servants from governmental institutions, embassies and international organizations,
- Officers working in authorities administration (national/ regional/ local) in SEE Europe,
- Final year Bachler, Master and PhD students in the relevant field,
- Representatives of NGOs,
- Mid-career professionals from energy companies.
Countries: Albania, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Italy, Kosovo*, Moldova, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Ukraine. (*The name is without prejudice to the status of Kosovo and is in line with Resolution 1244 and the ICC Decision on the Kosovo Declaration of Independence.)
Methods of work: Lectures, workshops, case studies, participatory approach
Fee info: No participation fees. Full fellowship includes costs of full board accommodation (shared rooms) and training. Participants will cover only cost of their transport to/from the venue.
How to apply?
- Fill out the application form on https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdYsyv8mGamWzp2n4nyUwV_FSfJ3I82p1ep41VqLnXWwaBaVw/viewform?fbclid=IwAR1hpV8iK-6RpTjFkImu-d3BNsA0G19Sf-qO-sPubdbn6aRCvFqq6Y1cGWs, and
- Send your CV to email@example.com. Supporting documents (Letter of motivation, obtained certificates etc.) are recommended but not obligatory.
Number of participants is limited.
Application deadline: July 10, 2020
NOTICE: Regional Education and Information Center for Sustainable Development in South-East Europe – REIC continues to remain focus onto topics in the field of sustainable use of energy (in the wide sense) during the outbreak of the Coronavirus (COVID-19). During the Summer School, REIC will ensure all measures and equipment according to the current situation. All necessary measures will be taken during the implementation of the School (social distance, disinfection, etc.). Organizers reserve the right to change the venue or dates of the event in case of deterioration of epidemiological conditions caused by the Coronavirus (COVID-19).